Check Out Our Safety Procedures to Help Prevent the Spread of Covid-19

Advanced Dentistry of Alhambra Blog

Fact or Fiction: Is a Dog’s Mouth Cleaner Than a Human’s?

May 10, 2024

Filed under: Uncategorized — drdara @ 1:03 pm
Jack Russell Terrier running happily through a field

As you’re probably aware, your mouth is home to all kinds of microorganisms, some of which can cause issues for your oral health if you’re not careful. You may find yourself wondering whether animals have the same problem. The phrase “a dog’s mouth is cleaner than a human’s mouth” gets passed around quite a bit, but is that really the case? Your preventive dentist is here to explain the truth.


Why is Saliva Important?

April 23, 2024

Filed under: Uncategorized — drdara @ 1:30 pm
baby dribbling

While we think about saliva just as water in the mouth, it’s quietly making many aspects of our lives possible. Normally, the body makes up to 2 to 4 pints of saliva a day!

Our saliva is 98% water. The remaining 2%, however, contains electrolytes, mucus, antibacterial compounds, and various enzymes.

 Here are some of the amazing things saliva does for us:


What Can You Do to Get Rid of Coffee Breath?

March 8, 2024

Filed under: Uncategorized — drdara @ 6:06 pm
Cup of coffee surrounded by coffee beans

If you drink coffee every day, then you may be familiar with one of its drawbacks: it can leave your breath smelling less than pleasant. Chances are, everyone you speak to will pick up on the smell, which can affect the sort of impression you leave. If you don’t want to give up your daily cup of joe, then it pays to learn more about what causes coffee breath and what can be done to put a stop to it. Here’s what your preventive dentist has to say.


What You Can Expect During a Visit with an Emergency Dentist

January 5, 2024

Filed under: Uncategorized — drdara @ 7:22 pm
an emergency dentist speaking with a patient

In the face of a dental emergency, there are a lot of unknowns. From waiting to find out the underlying problem that’s causing your pain to learning what treatment you need, all of this uncertainty can make you feel anxious. A great way to curb this fear and anxiety that you may feel is by knowing what you can expect from your emergency dental appointment. Read on to learn how your emergency dentist can remedy your situation and what you will experience at your visit.


How Can a Bad Bite Affect Your Teeth?

December 9, 2023

Filed under: Uncategorized — drdara @ 4:51 am
Closeup of a patient with bad bite alignment

A bad bite, also known as malocclusion, occurs when the teeth do not align properly. This misalignment can have various impacts on the teeth, including:

Older Posts »